It’s Top 10 Tuesday (hosted at The Broke and the Bookish) and the topic is:
TOP 10 Books I Read In 2013
I had a hard time picking only ten but decided to chose one from each of those series I loved this year. Romances made the top four, but I also had lots of heroines fighting for the next positions.
MY TOP FOUR READS
1. When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak – This author makes me cry with every book. I’m not usually like that, but those stories really touch my heart. They are super sad and the characthers need to overcome some sad things. Each book has a difficult plot, but this one was the saddest to me, because Callie had cancer and it was almost taking her.
2. The Divorce Party by Jennifer Hayward – This book was a nice surprise.The author is making a great debut and the story was full of reconnection. I love a book with a second chance story. Lilly and Ricardo needed a different view from their story and try to make things right.
3. I Only Have Eyes For You by Bella Andre – Another series that I started late. Everyone loved the Sullivans so I decided to read them this year. Sophie book was my favorite so far and her story was exactly like those I love, friends became lovers. Jake fought really hard but we can all see the love.
4. Only Yours by Susan Mallery – I loved Montana story. She had a difficult time choosing what to do with her life, but after she finally understood her mission things began changing and was happy again, but there’s one thing missing in her life. Simon was a very cold guy, but I liked the way he and Montana created a beautiful relationship.
5. Spider’s Revenge by Jennifer Estep – This was the best book for me in the series. Gin put her plan in place and managed to finish Mab Monroe. I loved the family touch and those moments shared with persons that mattered to her. We can see that in this moment Gin needed her friends and family by her side, to face the biggest nightmare of her life.
6. Destined for An Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost – This was a troubling book for Cat, but I liked the way her relationship was tested and it became clear the love between Bones and the Red Reaper. This series is coming real close to an end and those side characters made me love this plot even more.
7. Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews – This was a difficult book for me. We have those favorites and some bad things happen, but I suffered so much with the finale. This series became one of my favorites this year and the last released book took my heart. Can’t wait to see what Curran and Kate are going to do to save Atlanta again.
8. Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione – This was such a different story and I loved meeting Eidolon and Tayla. They are complete opposite, but we can see the attraction and those sparks flying between these two. Since this is the first book, there are lots of introductions and we can see a great potential for this series.
9. Shadowed by Rebecca Zanetti – I fell in love with Rebecca Zanetti this year and her vampires are a favorite of mine. Those Kayrs brothers are to die for. They are strong, very powerful and full of those alpha instincts. Loved this series and can’t wait for the next books.
10. The Mistress by Tiffany Reisz – I had the great idea to read this series after ravishing reviews and now it’s only waiting until the next book. This year I snapped early the my copy and was so happy with the end of this era. This became one of those favorite erotica of mine and is going to be a re-read real soon.